Sunday, October 10, 2010

Set brekkie @ Ubud Aura


When you’re in Ubud, there are so many awesome places to eat, that you have to wonder if it’s really worth saving your money and eating at the hotel.  The standard breakfast at the Ubud Aura (our accommodation, appropriately named for its close proximity to other “new age hippy” hangouts such as the Yoga Barn (not that I’m knocking the Yoga Barn, because I LOVE the Yoga Barn)), is about on par with a good breakfast at a Dili hotel.  The omelette was passable, if not a little bland, despite it being tri-coloured.  The bread was sugary, white sliced CRAP (man, I’m OVER that shit).  The fruit was reminiscent of cold storage supermarket fruit – hard and flavourless.  Juice:  plain watermelon.  I might as well have just eaten an extra piece of watermelon from my fruit plate.

 But, you know, it’s fuel for the day, if that’s all you’re looking for.

I, however, am not.

No comments: