Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Banana bread @ Tutmak

Creatures of habit are Wade and I (actually, more Wade – I like variety! Adventure! Eating at a different restaurant for every meal!), we not only ate breakfast at the same place we had eaten dinner the night before, we even sat at the same table.  Ho hum.  The dilemmas of life in Ubud. (I believe these are what you call #firstworldproblems.)

I’m glad we did though.  This brekkie was one of the best.


Not too sweet and lightly toasted, the banana bread was as good as any I’ve had before.  The fruit – a trio of watermelon, red papaya and pineapple - perfectly ripe and sweet and the yoghurt on top was thick, creamy and drizzled with honey.  This amount of food was just right for me for brekkie.  I didn’t even get breakfast-table envy about Wade’s order, which, I will admit, looks like something I would normally get breakfast-table envy about, had I not ordered something so awesome myself.


That’s Wade in the background, looking like he’s waiting patiently for me to photograph his breakfast before he touches it, but his face was actually looking very annoyed because he couldn’t wait to rip into those deliciously golden potato rostis!!

No comments: